Sunday, December 28, 2008

Greetings.

hello from china.
thank you to my wonderful doctor who gave me the sleeping pills so i was able to enjoy 12 glorious hours of sleep and arrive fully refreshed and bouncing all the way down the tarmac. 
i made my traditional "bee line" to starbucks and got my latte to start the day off right.
So, now i sit amongst tons of beautiful asians sipping my latte and thinking how things just don't get much better than this.
i started my new journal in the airplane and was able to write many letters to Dad and do a lot of thinking. new journals are always a highlight for me.
last night for dinner on the plane i got to enjoy my first bit of chinese food! i was probably the only "westerner" on the plane who was excited. we were served a salad with squid, shrimp and octopus with a large tomato and no dressing. i ate it happily and i cannot wait for dinner tonight.
yes, i am only here for the food. haha! :-)
i must say also, i was lucky to have the very best seat on the plane, the very back row right next to the bathrooms. so, the 3 times i was awake enough to get up i didn't have to look face the whole plane looking like i just spent 12 hours sleeping sitting up.
well much to each of you.
tune in next time for more adventures.
em...make sure you give lil mar a snack. ;-)