Monday, January 5, 2009

a bit early today.



hungry anyone?
i had to share this culture treat with yall, out of all the westerners only cameron and i were brave enough to try these lovely little feet. we called it "taking one for the team".
i know i look a little "special" in my picture, but i accredit that to being sleepy, having unruly hair and walking around 3-4 miles a day in flip flops. :-)
the realization hit me today that i have to go home, i do not get to stay here forever like i want to. last time i left china i left a piece of my heart behind and i have been living with a hole in my heart for the three years. this time i will be leaving my whole heart behind. i walk down the street and i have such a love and admiration for these beautiful people. i want to be with them, i want to learn from them, i want to walk with them, i want to ride in their crazy taxis. it is more than the food, the crazy shopping, the smells, the sounds, the culture, it is so much more. i love the people of china. they have captured my heart and i have a sense of urgency and i am excited where i will be walking on my beautiful feet.
i challenge you today to take a walk on your beautiful feet and as you go, sow.