Friday, January 2, 2009

over and beyond.

as i sit in front of my computer i feel tears on the brink of spilling over my eye lashes. 
today was intense....i will start from the beginning...
my two closest friends here and i (we call ourselves team boston) felt like going to the beach today to see if maybe their was some fertile land there to plant a few seeds in. when we finally got down there we saw an amazing site, a 3 person bike! so being the great tourist we are we rented one and headed out for a nice bike ride...well not only do i attract a lot of attention for being white, just put me on a 3 person bike and all of asia is sure to show up to watch me make a fool out of myself! as we three climbed on the bike and attempted to ride, we kept falling, laughing, screaming and just looking like total goof balls.
we finally realized why we could not ride the huge bike, it was the bikes fault...so we got a new bike and off we went to see the wonderful beach.
we found the water and i got to touch the sea. it was pretty chilly!
we met up with a nice girl we met yesterday and we went to get dinner at a place that specializes in serving all the best dishes from Chairman Mao's hometown. it was very very tasty and spicy! we got cucumbers chilled with chilies and ginger, glass noodles with ginger and cabbage, beef ribs with chives and ginger and warm corn milk to drink. our dinner was lovely and we got to talk with our friend. i told her about my many travels and we talked about life, love, peace and happiness. i wore my shirt that has "peace" written all over it in many different languages, the Chinese one written across my chest for a reason.
while we were talking i felt sick and my heart started beating very quickly. my team member felt it as well, we felt a strong force coming on and we had to counter it quickly. all in all we know Who wins in the end and until then we keep on doin what we are doin.
i love each of you very much and know that when i get home you will get to hear (as paul harvey says) the rest of the story.